This delicious vegan hummus pizza has been a go-to dinner in my house this fall. It’s so quick and easy to prep but makes us feel fancy. We have been devouring these at least once a week!
These recipes are fun because you can mix it up with different toppings and really make it your own.
Pizzas are great to make with company or family because everyone can join in putting on the toppings and feel like they contributed to the meal!
The best part about this simple plant-based recipe is that you can improvise with what you have on hand to help use up some veg in the fridge and have some fun.
I discovered these prebaked mini pizza crusts from Brynn’s Bakery at our local farmers market in Kamloops, BC this summer and got HOOKED!
I used to get prebaked mini pizza crusts from Cobs (which work well, too) but it’s such an awesome feeling to support a local entrepreneur!
| TIP: If you’re in a pinch, you can also use naan or pita bread for pizza crusts |
This recipe makes 4 mini pizzas. Since it’s just the 2 of us at home, we make all 4 pizzas and reheat the leftover 2 for lunch!
What you’ll need (4 servings):
- 1 Cup prepared hummus*
- 4 mini (~8″) prebaked pizza crusts or naan bread
- 1/4 Cup sundried tomatoes (oil-packed), sliced
- 1/4 Cup marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1/4 Cup pitted green or Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 Tbsp capers, patted dry
- 1 500 mL can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- olive oil
*If using Local Pulse Instant Hummus to prepare 1 Cup hummus:
- 1/2 Cup Instant Hummus powder
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
Mix and let sit 5-10 minutes to absorb.
To save time: prepare the instant hummus in advance and leave in the fridge.
What to do (30 minutes):
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Roast chickpeas: pat dry chickpeas with a towel and toss in 2 Tbsp of olive oil and spread on a parchment lined baking sheet, bake at 400ºF for 18 minutes, stirring occasionally**
- Add the capers to the chickpeas for the last 8 minutes to crisp them up
- Stir some of the oil/marinade from the sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts into the hummus
- Divide the hummus evenly across the 4 pizza crusts and spread thinly with a spatula or back of a spoon
- Top pizzas with sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives
- When chickpeas and capers are roasted, sprinkle on pizzas and press slightly into the hummus so they do not roll off
- Bake pizzas on a cookie sheet at 400ºF for 11 minutes, or until crusts are crispy on the bottom
- Remove from the oven and slide pizzas onto a cutting board, cut into quarters with a sharp knife
**If you have an air-fryer, I highly recommend using this to roast the chickpeas and capers! Air-fry at 390ºF for 18 minutes and toss occasionally. Add the capers to the chickpeas for the last 8 minutes.
I think this vegan pizza is scrumptious as-is, but if you miss the cheese then I would recommend feta to pair best with the flavours. To keep it vegan, little dollops of cashew cheese or drizzle of vegan cheese sauce also work great. Personally, I’m not a fan of the vegan-style shreds so I developed this recipe without using cheese substitutes.
Cheese-less pizza? I know it sounds crazy, but give it a try!
Some other toppings to add if you have them:
- sliced red onion
- sliced bell peppers
- fresh arugula or spinach