Beet Hummus Veggie Wraps and Roll Recipe
Prep Time: 15-minutes
Cook Time: 10-minutes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 4 whole-wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- 3 tablespoons Local Pulse Roasted Beet & Red Onion Instant Hummus powder mixed with 6 tbsp water (stir and let sit in the fridge for 5 minutes before using). Purchase here.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup organic alfalfa sprouts
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add black beans, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lime juice and stir, sautéing for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Warm-up each tortilla in the microwave, one at a time (15ish seconds).
- In the middle of the tortilla, spread 1-2 tbsp hummus evenly.
- Top with spinach, ¼ cup rice, black beans, grated carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts.
- Fold in the edges of the tortilla, then flip one side over and roll like a burrito. Wrap in foil. Share your photos with us @localpulse on Instagram.