Creamy Hummus Curry Noodles
Prep Time: 15-minutes
Cooking Time: 20-minutes
Yields: 6 Servings
Recommended Wine Pairing: Monte Creek Ranch + Winery 2018 Frontenac Gris
- 1 tsp oil of choice
- 1 small brown or white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package snap or snow peas
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp of Smoky Curry Instant Hummus Powder mixed with 8 tbsp water (stir and let sit in fridge for 5 minutes before using)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package gluten-free, whole wheat or white spaghetti noodles
- Juice of 1.5 limes
- Limes wedges to serve
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped to serve
- Start by heating a large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes (or until onions are soft). Add garlic and ginger and stir, cooking for another minute (or until fragrant).
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Next, add the hummus and tomato paste and stir to coat the onions and vegetables.
- Add the broth and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by ½ (20ish minutes).
- While the sauce is reducing, cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. When the noodles are al dente, drain, rinse, and add them to the sauce.
- Stir everything well to coat the noodles in the sauce. Add the lime juice. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish chopped green onion, extra lime wedges and a sprinkle of Local Pulse Smoky Curry Instant Hummus.